Monday, August 27, 2007

chillin in beirut

No really... it's true the mention of Beirut never conjured the feeling of relaxation in my mind, but it does now that I've been there! We stayed at Jerome's friend Saseen's house for five nights... hanging around, doing laundry, shopping, going out in the evenings, and sleeping in. It was pretty chill after the relative chaos of Aleppo and Damascus. And some hotels we've had lately leave something to be desired (note, always ask for clean sheets as it's not assumed you care! Okay, I have to admit we've been paying $20/night), so it felt great to be in a real home again.


I spent a lot of time at home with Arse the cat. Don't be jealous Minou, I'll be back eventually!!


Out on the town with Saseen.

Sometimes we even walked around town:

At the American University of Beirut. If you have two physicist + political scientist jobs open up, we're available!


On the way to our favourite restaurant Le Chef, where we ate three times because of my addiction to their chick peas and garlic dish.

No comments: